- Legislative framework for the accountable and transparent functioning of the Internal Security Forces (ISFs) improved in light of civilian and democratic oversight and accountability principles provided by EU and international standards and best practices;
- Five-years organisational strategy for the oversight of internal security forces in Turkey
- Performance evaluation system based on Specific Measurable Accepted Realistic Timely (SMART) indicators to ensure consistency during the evaluation of internal security forces by the MoI developed;
- Legal framework on National Crime Prevention Office developed based on a compliance analysis with EU standards and practices;
- Local Prevention and Security Boards scaled up in 10 selected districts/ provinces;
- Delivered training programs for 500 professionals of MoI and ISFs on civilian/democratic oversight of ISFs and citizen-focused security services;
- Strategy for effective and full-functioning Parliamentary oversight of IFS is developed;
- Awareness of the public, civil society and local media on the civilian and democratic oversight is enhanced;
- Curriculums of the Gendarmerie and Coast Guard Academy (GCGA) in relation to civilian and democratic oversight topics are improved.
This project is funded by the European Union. The contents of this website is the sole responsibility of UNDP Turkey and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.